Things I miss about home:
- Wide, open spaces.
- Carpet. And not having to wear slippers on hardwood flooring.
- People. Namely people like my mother. And hanging out with people my own age.
- Being able to walk into a store or down the street and not having to fend off shopkeepers wanting me to stop by. Seriously, a restaurant owner crossed two lanes of traffic and followed us down the street as we were looking for a place to eat dinner today. If that were the case in the states, I would be broke.
- Driving myself places. Driving myself doorway where traffic norms are a bit less…frenzied.
- Privacy. Independence too.
I’ve been here for a week and it’s been a total blast. I have another week or so until I touch down back at home, and I have these six things (among others, like a brand-spankin’-new apartment with an awesome roommate) to look forward to.